here is how Thai does the sweet&sour. It tastes different from Chinese and it is not orange chicken.
SWEET & SOUR
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Chop fresh garlic 1-2 cloves
- Ketchup 3 tablespoons
- Oyster sauce 1 tablespoon
- Sugar ½ tablespoon
- Water 2-3 tablespoons
- Pineapple ¼ cup
- Green Onion ¼ cup
- Onion ¼ cup
- Cucumber 5-7 slice of cucumber*
- Meat (Chicken or Pork or Beef or seafood)
Put vegetable oil in pan and garlic (fried until yellow)
Put Meat (Chicken, Pork, Beef) stir fried until it is cooked. Add sliced Pineapple mix it for 20 seconds.
Put Oyster sauce, Ketchup, water mix together and put vegetable (all of them)
Let it cook for 2 minutes and put sugar.
Taste the sauce. It will have flavor of pineapple and sweet & a bit sour all together. Done!